We can predict earthquake with a ball. The ball is kept stationary in a room. It is monitored with a camera attached to a controller system. Well before the earthquake the ball will move from its original position. The velocity with which the ball moves and the distance it moves indicates the magnitude of upcoming earthquake. When the ball moves the monitoring system with a camera and computer system makes an alarm.
- The foundation for the room should not be with concrete as for the machinery bed. The foundation should be as for a single storey building.
- The flooring can be with vitrified tile or with marble to have some friction for the ball to hold in its initial position
- The room can be with normal pressure or with some low pressure. There should not be fans inside the ball room.
- The vibrations around the ball room should be controlled so that there will not be self rolling of the ball.
- The ball can be of rubber or plastic with around 100 gm weight.
- The ball should be perfect sphere without any stripes or serrations.
- The monitoring control system should be capable of making siren on movement of the ball to a minimum distance say 1 feet.